So you have identified your purpose now what? Is it still just a concept to you? Have you taken the steps to go from concept to reality? What is it going to take to get you to move from the concept of purpose to the realistic implementation of purpose? Reggie Hammond says, “I believe that a substantial gap exists between where people are and where they are purposed to be. This shows up in all walks of life.”
I agree 100% and decided to expand the discussion to help you move from purpose concept to purpose reality. Here are 10 secrets to help you close the gap between identifying your purpose and living in your purpose.
1. Power- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any. Alice Walker”. We all have an untapped source of power within us that we do not use! Your talent, skill, space or wheelhouse is your power. Identify it, own it and use it. Unleash it! Leverage your power create your plan.
2. Persistence- “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.” You MUST be committed to working toward your purpose every day. Dedicated focused-ness includes a daily agenda, reading, exploring, seeking feedback and advice, writing things down and then re-writing them. Be persistent toward your purpose.
3. Partners- Develop a network of people who can assist you through mentorship, coaching and consultation. A gladiator team comprised of the right people can help you soar. Become a flight risk and soar to the next level. Strategic partnerships are imperative to your purpose transition.
4. Patience- Be patient with yourself during the process; growth is a process. With growth comes challenges and failure. Don't allow the challenges to get you down and distract you from your purpose. Samuel Lover said, “Circumstances are the rulers of the weak; but they are the instruments of the wise.” Use the failures and disappointments as learning opportunities. Patience is a virtue and adversity is an opportunity for self-discovery.
5. Perseverance - “One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by temporary defeat.” ~ Napoleon Hill. Quitting is not on the growth menu! Quitting is NOT an option! Be encouraged while being renewed! WE must be INTENTIONAL about our growth (purpose) but be mindful there will be challenges, setbacks, and disappointments. Do not give up. Fail forward!
6. Prosperity- As you begin the journey from concept to reality you will learn a lot about people and processes but most importantly you will learn a lot about yourself. This learning is priceless! What you learn are the seeds to your continuous growth. They will change how you look at people, situations and opportunities. In order to grow, and reach your dreams you must muscle up and FIGHT through the complacency of remaining the same.
7. Per-fect- It's not about being perfect but it is important to assess often. In doing so you will revise, revamp, and restructure your strategy. Per-fect it! Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect. Vince Lombardi
8. Pause –Pause and reflect. Take time to connect with a power greater than yourself. It keeps you humble. Finding a way to decompress keeps you balanced when things around you are falling apart. Taking time to pause and reflect gives you an opportunity to connect with nature, exercise, meditate, and pray. Pause and reflect gives you something to believe in.
9. Peace- There is a sense of accomplishment when you see your dream starting to unfold and take its shape. It's a feeling of peace that YOU did it! You stepped out on the platform of faith and made it happen. You took the journey toward your purpose.
10. Promise. When we have reached our goals, our dreams, and we are experiencing phenomenal peace and success let’s not forget to reach back and help someone else. It is through our transition to purpose we can lead someone else to their purpose. We have an obligation to lead others to their purpose through mentoring, recognizing their gifts when they don’t see them and pointing them in the right direction.
Let us help you reach your purpose. We would love to assist you with your growth needs. Ask about the Maxwell 360 Assessment with 2 coaching sessions included, our corporate programs, or Human Services Leadership University. Let's connect, follow us @drtaunyaalowe; like us https://www.facebook.com/TheImpactExperience or connect with us on www.linkedin.com/in/drtalowe
Taunya A. Lowe, Ph.D. is the CEO of a human services and leadership development consulting firm located in Lawrenceville, GA. Dr. Lowe is a speaker, trainer, strategist, success coach, professor, entrepreneur; and the Siegel Institute for Ethics, Leadership and Character 2013 Phenomenal Woman. Trained by John Maxwell and his team, she is a skilled change agent with a focus on developing people and organizations. She enjoys combining her photography and writing to motivate, inspire and lead people and organizations toward transformation. To contact Dr. Lowe, visit www.drtaunyalowe.com email email@example.com or call her office (855) 873-4445.